How to Increase Your Home’s Resale Value with an Awning
Having a wonderful outdoor space does wonders for the value of your property. People value having not just additional land but a usable, comfortable outdoor space like a deck or patio. Nothing beats having a barbecue out on the patio on a warm spring day. But did you know that adding an awning can boost your property’s value as well?
If you’re looking to start a project with a patio cover installation in Austin, TX, read on to find out the financial benefits of installing an awning:
- Enhance the property’s beauty: Recent studies have demonstrated that patios and decks already offer a great return on investment. When you add an awning to the picture, that will only improve the home’s curb appeal. You can select from a wide range of materials and styles to fit your aesthetic precisely. The design and construction of the awning can be customized to the home’s architecture, blending in perfectly. An awning can be that last little detail that a potential buyer is looking for.
- Usability: Even the best outdoor space isn’t worth much if the weather isn’t cooperating. An awning quickly and easily solves that issue—a fact that will be reflected in your real estate values. An awning offers shade from the blistering hot Texas sun as well as cover during rain.
- Durable and long-lasting: When you install a high-quality awning, that signals that you’re the kind of owner who’s taking care of their home. The next buyer won’t need to have any hassles before fully enjoying their new outdoor space.
- Protect the property: Awnings are excellent at limiting wear and tear on patio furniture. That’s because they can block the sun’s harmful UV rays. They also help to protect the patio itself from rain and ice. Not only that, but any nearby rugs or fixtures inside will also be spared from the effects of the sun’s rays.
- Investment in energy efficiency: Another selling point is lowering heating and cooling costs. Air conditioning bills can be hefty, but you can lower them by using an awning to naturally cool the home. An adjustable awning allows you to then reap the benefits of the sun during the winter, in turn lowering cooling costs. Prospective homeowners will be pleased to see that they can benefit from these energy savings.
Homeowners are always looking for ways to improve their properties. Working with a trusted patio cover manufacturer in Austin, TX is a great start. Hill Country Awnings & Shades of Texas is the name you can count on for all your retractable awning needs. Since 1987, we’ve made it out business to offer only the highest quality shades and awning products.
Not only that, but we install all of our products to ensure that they’re working perfectly and look great on your home. Our skilled, professional team is ready to help take care of every aspect, from measuring to creation to installation, so that you don’t have to. Call us today to learn more and get a free quote!
Categorised in: Retractable Awnings